[bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing story titles

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 18:49:03 -0500

As far as I know, none of these contractors are on this list, or at least they don't contribute under the name of their business. Maybe we can't offer them any advice.

If Carrey will put the original .rtf file
"Ingathering: The Complete People Stories of Zenna Henderson" back on the step 1 page with a hold for me, I'll be glad to fix the story titles. Fortunately, the book has a good table of contents and it appears to have good pagination so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

I take it back, I have seen Hadley School for the Blind contribute to this list. Thanks Hadley, and sorry for the oversight.

From: EVAN REESE <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, May 8, 2009, 7:34 PM

Hmmm, if I'm at the
point where I'm missing the
beginning of a new chapter or worse, the beginning of a new
story, I go to bed
or do something else until my mind is ready to stay on the

More to the point is that
apparently noone at
Bookshare bothered to tell Daproim Africa how to protect
section headings in
books. Which seems strange to me, given the amount of
bandwidth that has been
devoted to this topic on this list. Makes me wonder how
familiar those who
communicate with the outsourcers are with how books get
into the collection,
especially about issues that can affect quality such as
section headings being
stripped unless they are protected in some way. Anyone from
the staff who has
spent much time on this list would have known to tell them
to take care of that.
Currently, I see that D.A. has added 1,032 books to the
collection. If they were
not told about protecting headings, then I wonder
what the chances are that
any of the other outsourcers were advised about this. Which
means that there may
well be thousands upon thousands of books, fairly recently
added books, that
will be missing chapter titles, story titles,

I certainly hope that this
is not the