[bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing Page Numbers

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 07:34:39 -0500

I would add them. Sometimes, they are lighter than the rest of the text or something like that, and the OCR just misses them.

Thanks,

Melissa Smith

On 6/20/2010 6:57 AM, Nancy Feldman wrote:
Good Morning,

I have a book that has missing page numbers, but not missing pages.

It's possible that the original book was misnumbered in spots, but I'm not
certain.  Should I retain the page numbers as written?

For instance, you'll see page 1, 2, and then 4 ... then the numbering is
fine until you see 22, and it skips 23, then resumes proper numbering.  Then
it skips page 30. Now I'm up through 80, and all the other page numbers are
there.

When a page number is skipped, it does not appear that content is skipped,
more like someone just skipped a number.

Thanks for any advice.