[bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing Page

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 20:41:49 -0400

Hi, Cindy. Yes, that's the edition of the book I'm validating. Thanks for checking your library for it. That will help me a lot!

In general, the Hamish Macbeth books can be read independently except for the on again, off again romance between Hamish, the main character, and Priscilla. The books do have recurring characters in them, so I suppose there may be little details that change over time. I have only read four of the books so far, and I was introduced to them out of order. Starting with Death Of An Outsider would probably give you a good foundation for the characters. Death Of A Glutton has a really nice plot with plenty of comedy in it. I would appreciate your help with the page if you're able to get the book. I'm enjoying validating it, even though this one has a lot of scannos in it. This is the kind of series where you can almost hear the characters talking, and they seem like people you've met before. :) The books are fairly short and easy to read in an evening with a good cup of tea. I have to admit that you and Jill have the right idea with reading and cleaning as you go. It goes faster this way with a good book. :) Looking at lists of messed up words gets boring after awhile.

On Sunday 5/14/2006 08:06 PM, you wrote:
Monica,

According to my library's online catalog, it should be
in my branch. If it is, I'll pick it up tomorrow. If
not, I'll request it.

I'm looking forward to reading these myself, from what
I read of them in the reviews. Should they be read in
any particular order for the development of the
characters, like Anne Perry's Thomas Pitt series, and
the Kurt Wallender  series?