[bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing Books, Submission and Validation Credits

  • From: Kelly Ford <Kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:17:07 -0800

These books were submitted on Sunday. I received notification that they were approved on Monday night. So I'm not sure where that leaves things based on this explanation.

At 11:51 AM 1/5/2005, you wrote:
Hi Kelly,

Yes, you'll need to resubmit the other two books if they were submitted
after noon on Monday.

Here's a copy of Peter's Note:

Hi All,
        There was a problem with the Bookshare master data base on
afternoon.  In fact, there was some very serious corruption to the data
base.  Our web server guru got it fixed, but about 28 hours of Bookshare

data was totally lost.  Yes, we checked, and there was no way out of
    As a result of the above, the Bookshare data, all of it has been set

back to the way it was this past Monday at Noon Pacific Time.  So, if
submitted anything between then and last evening, you'll need to
it.  If you had something approved by the site administrator, you will
receive a new message when he approves it again.  If you downloaded
for vlaidation, it may appear on the site as being ready for download,
    I think the best approach is to just take note of anything that
amiss.  We will not be able to answer individual questions on exactly
has been undone in your specific case.  However, after a day or two, if
something seems to be wrong and you can't fix it by redownloading or
whatever, please let us know.
    By the way, for anyone who has subscribed or renewed in the past two

days, the data may have been temporarily lost from the web site, but our

trusty site administrator has independent copies of all the money stuff
he will restore that information.  So, if you've paid for something and
the site says you haven't, please don't worry about it for at least a
day or
two.  It will more than likely be corrected in due course.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.

Peter M. Scialli, Ph.D.
Associate, Technical Projects, Bookshare.org

A Project of The Benetech Initiative - Technology Serving Humanity peter
@benetech.org www.benetech.org

-----Original Message----- From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kelly Ford Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 11:44 AM To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Missing Books, Submission and Validation Credits

I didn't see any note from Peter.  Is it possible to repost?

Should I resubmit the other two books?