[bksvol-discuss] Miss Zukas--and OT re other books

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 18:33:08 -0800 (PST)

Marilyn, The title would just be Death's Shadow. Miss
Zukas is a librarian who sleuths. I think the author's
last name is Dereske.

I read the first book on the recommendation of library
colleagues. I enjoyed the library part but I didn't
much care for Miss Zukas' personality. The series is
very popular, though.

On the other hand, on the recommendation of the same
people, I read the first Mrs. Pollifax book and really
enjoyed the book and Mrs. Pollifax. I'm reading those
in order--have read the second one--but lately I'm
engrossed in well-written romances that take place in
the mid-to-late 19th century and 18th-century.I stress
well-written because the three authors I'm "into"
write very well and have well-rounded characters.
Another's characters aren't quite as complex but the
books are enjoyable and she does write well. I've read
books from other authors in the genre that I don't
care for at all. smile

CIndy

--- Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, Ann.
>
> I just went online with my library and I'm not sure
> I asked for the
> right book.  Is it "Miss Zukas in Death's Shadow"?
> If it is, they don't
> have that.  They don't have "Miss Zukas" anything.
> Did I do it wrong?
>
> Marilyn
>
> On Jan 2, 2009, at 8:56 PM, Ann Parsons wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm doing two books at a time these days.  I'm
> working on Miss Zukas
> > In Death's Shadow.  It's the last in the Jo
> Dereske series.  I'm
> > having a problem with pages 10-12. If somebody
> could get it from
> > their library and contact me privately, I'd be
> most appreciative.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ann P.
> >
> > --
> > Ann K. Parsons
> > Portal Tutoring
> > EMAIL:  akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > web site:  http://www.portaltutoring.info
> > blog:
> > http://www.samobile.net/users/akp/blog
> > Skype: Putertutor
> >
> > "All that is gold does not glitter,
> > Not all those who wander are lost."
> >
> > Email services provided by the System Access
> Mobile Network.  Visit www.serotek.com
> >  to learn more about accessibility anywhere.
> subject line.  To get a
> > list of available commands, put the word 'help' by
> itself in the
> > subject line.
> >

> Marilyn Beasley
> mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx