[bksvol-discuss] Milestones.

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 00:15:55 -0500

I just want to thank everyone who makes volunteering for Bookshare such a joy;
knowing we are making more books available for members to read.  This month
marks milestones for both Doug and I.  Doug's first submission was 8/6/09 and
since then he has proofread 104 books, all by voice since he is a quadriplegic.
 My first proof was submitted on 7/31/09 and my first scan on 8/25/09 and to
date I have proofed 118 books and scanned 79.  Over 300 books in 9 months
between us and we have enjoyed virtually every book we have added in the
process.

You realize the value of Bookshare when you know that between us you could
count on one hand the books we had read in the year before we joined.  I say we
have benefited even more than Bookshare!  We take great pride in partnering
with Bookshare and look forward to helping add hundreds more books in years to
come.

Thank you everyone who gives us so much to read!
Valerie To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to