[bksvol-discuss] Re: MicroSoft Word Submissions

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 01:04:26 -0500

Mike,

Depending on which MSWord version file it is, you may find that the K1K does
not open Word files as gracefully as we may prefer, if at all.  This is
because the converter supplied by Microsoft isn't as up-to-date as we like.
I'm sure Steven can  provide us with more details or corrections.  At Least,
I've find it rather difficult to open .DOC files with K1K.  The solution is
rather crude as well.  When I'm forced to, I've cut and paste the text to a
K1K file, but that method is plagued with the page break problems that
happens to go in the other direction.  When the material from a word file is
pasted into a K1K file, you'll notice that page breaks do not carry along
unless they are hard page breaks or section breaks.  So, unfortunately, I
try to avoid taking a word file if I don't plan to read it myself from
cover-to-cover for corrections after all other editting features have been
dealt with.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Interim Director