[bksvol-discuss] Re: Methods For Listing New Books

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:41:26 -0700 (PDT)

The more I explore Jake's site, the more impressed I
am. I'm sorry it took me so long to go there.

But I couldn't find the New Books list. What is it
called? Does publication refer to date books are added
to  the bookshare collection instead of date the book
was published?

I see it would be a lot easier for me to check Jake's
list and delete books from mty Admin Q list than to
put titles into Adbanced Search one by one.

Cindy
--- Silvara <silvara@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Once I started to use Jake's page to check new
> books, I never go on
> bookshare's new books page. Especially since there
> is that one day delay.
> *smile*
> ***
> Grace
>
> For scanning and validating  tips
> check out
> http://www.jbrownell.com/bks/tl.asp the No Book Left
> Behind AKA the Reject
> list at
> For ideas of books to scan check out:
> Reject list
> http://www.jbrownell.com/bks/reject.asp
> Rescan List
> http://www.jbrownell.com/bks/rescan.asp

http://www.bookshare.org/web/BooksByAdvancedSearch.html?titlestring=&authors

tring=&sort=4&language=en&quality=0&category%5B%5D=0&operation=submit&submit

> > There's also another website where you are
> supposed to be able to list
> > books
> > approved between two specified dates.  I say
> supposed to be able because I
> > get an Internal Server Error half the time when I
> use it.  In the past, I
> > seemed to get the best results when I limited my
> range to insure that the
> > list was fairly small.  However, I haven't used it
> since Jake figured out
> > the querry that the code for Advanced Search
> supports to list books in
> > reverse publication order.  This site also appears
> to be maintained by a
> > volunteer, and according to the site, the database
> hasn't been updated
> > since
> > March 25, 2006.  No, the reason it hasn't been
> updated since then isn't
> > because no books have been approved.  There were
> books approved earlier
> > this
> > month before Gustavo went on vacation.  Here's the
> URL for that site if
> > you
> > wish to try it:

http://s89900740.onlinehome.us/bks/q.cgi?startmonth=1&startday=1&startyear=2

006&endmonth=4&endday=25&endyear=2005&Get+Information=Get+Information