[bksvol-discuss] Re: Marissa's List Updates

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:08:32 -0700 (PDT)

Marissa's List is a list of the books that (1) are on
the download list waiting for someone to validate
them, (2) have been downloaded and are being
validated, (3) have been validated and uploaded and
are awaiting approval by the administrators before
being added to the collection, and (4) that validators
have suggested be rejected because there are too many
problems to make them worth validating or for some
other reason, e.g., maybe something as simple
asmissing copyright information or not having page
breaks. The administrators will notify the scanner
what the problem is and perhaps the scanner can fix it
and re-submit or can re-scan.

It's called Marissa's List because a former employee
of bookshare started it and the office has decided it
should continue to bear her name, although on my hard
drive, to which I copy it, I give it three
names--Marissa/Gustavo(who kept it up)/Jake (who is
kind enough to make it available to us.

I don't know why you can't access the URL Jake posted
if you logged in to bookshare first. Try this tiny