[bksvol-discuss] Re: MP3 Beta Question

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 11:39:13 -0400

Let me point out that you can easily listen to MP3s on the DTBM even if you have NLS books on your drive if you put the MP3s in the right folder. Create a folder named audio+podcasts. The folder must have that exact name with each and every character. Then you can listen to your NLS books and at any time switch over to the MP3 folder.

On 6/10/2012 10:37 AM, Dasha Radford wrote:
Hi Jane,
Question. Do you have an NLS talking book player? That is one of the new
digital talking book players. If you do load your MP3 book from bookshare onto
a flash drive preferably an empty one. Then, place the flash drive with the MP3
files on it into your digital player. Note: make sure there are no talking
books from the Bard website on the flash drive otherwise it won't recognize the
MP3 files. If you have more than one book cycle through them by going to the
folder jump option. Once you have found folder jump use your next and previous
buttons to move around. If you don't have the advanced player I'm not sure how
to tell you to do that but someone else on here probably can. If you do press
the menu button until you hear folder jump. When you reach the book you want by
going through the folders press play it will start playing and you can use the
speed up speed down buttons to control the speed.
I hope this helps.
DR

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2012, at 8:49 AM, "Martha Rafter"<mlhr@xxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hi Sandy,
  I'm pretty sure that they're talking about the newish MP3 form of books that
bookshare are now doing.  They're trying to read a book!  HPH

-----Original Message----- From: Sandi Ryan
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2012 11:34 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: MP3 Beta Question