[bksvol-discuss] Re: MP3 Beta Question

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 14:43:04 -0400

Well, frankly, I am unfamiliar with MP3 players in general. The only devices that I have ever played MP3s on other than my computer is the DTBM from the NLS and the Victor Reader Stream. They both have speed controls. I really don't know about other MP3 players.

On 6/10/2012 12:42 PM, Dasha Radford wrote:
It's only on the NLS digital players I was referring to. I didn't realize that
MP3 players did and could have speed control. Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2012, at 11:41 AM, Roger Loran Bailey<rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>  wrote:

That depends on your player. If you have a speed control you can make it go
faster. If your MP3 player does not have a speed control then you are stuck
with the speed you get.

On 6/10/2012 10:40 AM, Jane Jordan (ComCast) wrote:
Nono, you all are misunderstanding my question.

I mean, when Bookshare prepares the book for download as an MP3, is there any
way at all to make it speak faster there, or are we stuck with just one speed?

Jane

On Jun 10, 2012, at 10:37 AM, Dasha Radford wrote:

Hi Jane,
Question. Do you have an NLS talking book player? That is one of the new
digital talking book players. If you do load your MP3 book from bookshare onto
a flash drive preferably an empty one. Then, place the flash drive with the MP3
files on it into your digital player. Note: make sure there are no talking
books from the Bard website on the flash drive otherwise it won't recognize the
MP3 files. If you have more than one book cycle through them by going to the
folder jump option. Once you have found folder jump use your next and previous
buttons to move around. If you don't have the advanced player I'm not sure how
to tell you to do that but someone else on here probably can. If you do press
the menu button until you hear folder jump. When you reach the book you want by
going through the folders press play it will start playing and you can use the
speed up speed down buttons to control the speed.
I hope this helps.
DR

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2012, at 8:49 AM, "Martha Rafter"<mlhr@xxxxxxx>   wrote:

Hi Sandy,
I'm pretty sure that they're talking about the newish MP3 form of books that
bookshare are now doing.  They're trying to read a book!  HPH

-----Original Message----- From: Sandi Ryan
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2012 11:34 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: MP3 Beta Question