[bksvol-discuss] MAY 22 Books added to collection

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 22:56:43 -0700 (PDT)

Of the 19 books added to the collection today, only
one was on my list of books in the administration
queue, and two in books being validated. This means,I
guess, that we volunteers are doing a good job
scanning and validating, but that John and Gustavo are
getting busy with other things and are barely able to
keep up with our work.

It could, and probably does, also mean that my revised
copies of the Marissa's List from lat April is way
out-of-date. Maybe a lot more books are in the
collection than I have on my lists, since I didn't
start keeping track until fairly recently. It would be
lovely if Gustavo could post another list--or maybe
Marissa will be back soon and can post a list here.
Rui may not be back from his honeymoon yet.

Cindy

A Closed Eye    by Anita Brookner
A Walker In The City    by Alfred Kazin
Breed To Come   by Andre Norton
Clear and Present Danger        by Baynard Kendrick
English As a Second Language    by Megan Crane
Faith For Beginners: A Novel    by Aaron Hamburger
Guess Again     by Bernard Cooper
Knight's Castle         by Edward Eager
Lucia, Lucia    by Adriana Trigiani
Pandora Drive   by Tim Waggoner
Sins Of The Fathers     by Susan Howatch
Sleep In Heavenly Peace         by M. William Phelps
The High Flyer  by Susan Howatch
The Novice's Tale (Sister Frevisse Medieval Mysteries)
        by Margaret Frazer
The Pack        by William Essex
The Princess Within: Restoring the Soul of a Woman by
Serita Ann Jakes
The Search       by Iris Johansen
Tiger Eye       by Marjorie M. Liu
Wickett's Remedy        by Myla Goldberg

This list is derived, with Jake's permission,  from
his list of books added today..
Below the list are the URLs to Jake's site, which has
a lot of interesting and useful lists.

Jake's page with many other useful lists:
www.jabrownell.com

URL to Jake's list of English ?language books added
each day
http://www.bookshare.org/web/BooksByAdvancedSearch.html?titl
estring=&authorstring=&sort=4&language=en&qu
ality=0&category%5B%5D=0&operation=submit&submit

TinyURL to Jake's list of English-language books added
each day:  http://tinyurl.com/gmq9y