[bksvol-discuss] Re: M dashes and fonts

  • From: "Regina Alvarado" <regina.alvarado6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:54:40 -0500

Cindy:
First of all, m- do not have to be changed to double dashes, just one.
Secondly, the fonting threw me for a loop too.  I almost quit.  Thanks to
Lissi, I understand now that it is Daisy that is the reason we change the
fonts.  Since I am an old/newby again to volunteering after being off for
more than a year, I will not spend time here describing what was described
to me, only to say do not let the manual overwhelm because it can.  Lissi is
teaching the new things very slowly to me, and if you wish, as I have
unlimited minutes on my phone, I would be willing to try and explain what to
do.  However, perhaps someone who has been doing this for a while may help.
As soon as I was able to put my hands on the keyboard and do it hands on,
instead of using a manual, it made sense.  Time here is not the important
thing but to do volunteering when you can and not feeling stressed when
doing it.  Sounds like you have done what I did and feel overwhelmed by it.
Believe me, it is not that hard, and these people here are great at
answering questions, even to those who are not very techie, like me!
Reggie
  described