[bksvol-discuss] Looking for a Feature in Word

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:19:22 -0400

Hey Folks,

I seem to recall reading somewhere, quite a long time ago, that there was a
feature in MS Word that would allow you to select a portion of text and make it
all upper-case. Now it may be that I'm just wishful thinking here, and that my
memory is playing tricks on me; but I would really like this feature if it is
available.

Sometimes, it seems that my K1000, using the FineReader OCR engine, which I
otherwise prefer generally over the ScanSoft engine, will recognize text that
is in all caps, but only capitalize the first letter of each word, or none of
it at all. Rather than have to retype the text in all caps, which I have had to
do, it would be nice to just be able to select it and make it all caps.

Anyone know if this capability actually exists, or did I just make it up
because I really want it?

Thanks for any help with this.

Evan