[bksvol-discuss] Re: Listing new books indefinitely and leaving

Well, Tony, since you said you might stay here for
another day or two, I'm replying here.

You're right tht the bookshare-discuss list gets far
less traffic, and usually just news about what's being
submitted, except for the recent discussion about
books that was started.

I just have a few comments. First, enjoy your rest and
relaxation. You deserve it.

Second, I assume you don't have a scanner. If you do,
you can get $2.00 or $2.50 --I think it's the
latter--for each book you scan -- and scanning is
usually  lot quicker and easier than validating,
especially if you only do the minimum checking that's
required, and maybe a spell-check, and leave the rest
to people who want to validate. As I think you've said
before, validating takes alot more time and the
financial reward is a lot less. I know scanners are
expensive, though refurbished ones are less, but about
4 years of free memberships would pay for it. And
since you'd get yor $50 quicker than by validating,
you'd have more free time to enjoy reading and other
pursuits.

Finally -- have you read the Caleb Carr detective
novels? The Alienist and Angel of Darkness are in the
collection  Wonderful historical settings and good
sleuthing and early forensics. There's a new  one, The
Italian Secretary, with Sherlock Holmes. Carr has
permission from the Doyle estate to use Holmes as his
main characters. I'm on the waiting list at the
library. It's not yet in the collection or, as far as
I know on the download list. I don't know if anyone is
scanning it.

Have fun.

http://mail.yahoo.com