[bksvol-discuss] Re: List of Possible Scans (Part 1)

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 23:21:03 -0400

Mohammed by Karen Armstrong is also on bookshare.
At 10:13 PM 7/11/2006, you wrote:

Hey crew,
The battle of Bobbie vs. the books has begun and I've made it through a
couple of boxes.  Here's a list of some of the books that are occupying
too much space in my little room.  I'm willing to scan any or all of them,
but would like to do it in some sort of order.  So... if anyone is up for
validating any of these, just let me know.  My apologies for the long
list; just think of how much space the actual books take up.

Note: The numbers aren't important; they're just for my organizational
purposes.  There may be some books on the list that are not eligible for
bookshare or that are already there; I'm getting tired of looking. Also,
if you don't want to read this now, the list is at
http://menorcachica.livejournal.com/119876.html#cutid1

1-Teoría Torcida: Prejuicios y Discursos Entorno a la
Homosexualidad-Ricardo Llamas
2-Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea-Sebastian Junger
3-The Jury-Steve Martini
4-Man's Search For meaning: An Introduction to Logotherapy-Victor Frankl
5-The Graveyard Shift-Jack Higgins
6-Sole Survivor-Dean Koontz
7-On A Move: The Story of Mumia Abu-Jamal-Terry Bisson
8-Kiss-Ed McBain
9-Harmful Intent-Robin Cook
10-Five Classic Murder Mysteries-Agatha Christie
11-A Darkness More Than Night: A Novel-Michael Connelly
12-Five Complete Hercule Poirot Novels-Agatha Christie
13-Into The Same River Twice-Francis M. Nevins
14-Open Secrets: A True Story of Love, Jealousy and Murder-Carlton Stowers
15-Five Complete Miss Marple Novels-Agatha Christie
16-Night-Elie Wiesel
17-Death Be Not Proud-John Gunther
18-The Tempest-William Shakespeare
19-Geoffrey Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales-Trans. David Wright
20-The Language of Argument, Seventh Edition-Daniel McDonald
21-Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl-Harriet Jacobs
22-Muhammad: A Biography of the Prophet-Karen Armstrong
23-The Norton Anthology of English Literature-M. H. Abrams, General Editor
24-Cholas and Pishtacos: Stories of Race and Sex in the Andes-Mary Weismantel
25-The Souls of Black Folk-W. E. B. DuBois
26-A History of the Arab Peoples-Albert Hourani
27-Endgame-Samuel Beckett
28-Master Herald and the Boys-Atole Fugard
29-The Arabian Nights II: Sindbad and Other Popular Stories-Husain Haddawy
30-Paradise Lost-John Milton
31-Paul Among Jews and Gentiles, And Other Essays-Krister Stendahl
32-The Conjure Woman-Charles W. Chesnutt
33-Hurricane: The Miraculous Journey of Rubin Carter-James S. Hirsch
34-Introducing Translation Studies-Jeremey Munday
35-Y No Se Lo Tragó La Tierra/And the Earth Did Not Devour Him-Tomás Rivera
36-The Odyssey-Homer, Trans. Robert Fagles
37-The HarperCollins Bible Dictionary-Paul J. Achtemeier, General Editor
38-Conceptual Chemistry: Understanding Our World of Atoms and
Molecules-John Suchocki
39-The Norton Introduction to Poetry, Seventh Edition-J. Paul Hunter
40-The World That Shaped the New Testament-Calvin J. Roetzel
41-You Can't Get Lost In Capetown-Zoe Wicomb
42-The Norton Anthology of English Literature, Volume 2, Seventh
Edition-M. H. Abrams, General Editor
43-Life Is Hard: Machismo, Danger and the Intimacy of Power in
Nicaragua-Roger N. Lancaster
44-The Translation Studies Reader-Lawrence Venuti, Editor
45-Fieldwork-Seamus Heany
46-Walking Back Up Depot Street: Poems-Minnie Bruce Pratt
47-Cane-Jean Toomer
48-The Mammary Plays-Paula Vogel
49-The Great Gatsby-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Abrazos,