[bksvol-discuss] Line of dashes in BRF files

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 08:03:31 -0400 (EDT)

I really hate that line of dashes before the page numbers in BRF files.  I
have to do a global search and replace on the file to get rid of them
before I can use the file.
When I read BRF, I put it in my notetaker and start the continuous scroll,
and those dashes really interrupt the flow.  I'm glad the NLS does not use
them.
Am I the only person who hates that "feature" of Bookshare BRF files?  Did
someone ask for this, or did someone who doesn't use BRF decide it was a
good idea?  Jake says it "makes pages easy to locate", but do we really
need a whole line of pesky dashes to find a page in a BRF file?
I would like to see them abolished, or shortened to 4 or 5
dashes--anything less intrusive would be better, I think.
Tracy