[bksvol-discuss] Re: Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Healthiness

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:07:46 -0700

I always put my name and phone and email in any book I submit so if there's a problem the validator can reach me. I think everybody should do that if they're proud of their contribution.

Bud

At 07:02 PM 7/6/2006, you wrote:
I want everyone to understand that these messages about people who renew a book time after time only to finally not validate are about the process rather than being personal. I know there are reasons why this might happen for the occasional book. What I question is the pattern. My concern here is that such a pattern tends to put certain types of kinks into step 1 list. For one thing, a submitter's book disappears for long periods of time. The submitter may not know where to locate it and may be understandably concerned. We all have feelings of ownership about books on which we work.

I would also like the designation "a bookshare volunteer" to disappear. I ask that a submitter have some kind of identifier. If you do not want your real name to show up as submitter, you can have the option to invent a nickname. That way, we can notice patterns about submitting and validating easier. It may help the submitting and validating process in general.

E.
At 09:56 PM 7/6/2006, you wrote:

Bravo!!

BudAt 06:39 PM 7/6/2006, you wrote:
Just watch step 1 and grab it or I will when she forgets to renew if it takes a long time and she does not validate.

E.

At 09:21 PM 7/6/2006, you wrote:

Sorry 'bout that. Maybe if you had gotten it it would be on the list by now. I just don 't want it to get lost between the cracks since it is a good medical educational book which we seem to be scarce of.
Thanks for responding. I did send Robin an email but got no answer. She got it May 31. If per chance it should get lost I could rescan it again although it is a long book. We'll just sit back and watch.

BudAt 05:58 PM 7/6/2006, you wrote:

Bud,
I was hoping to get that book but Robin beat me to it.  Smile

Sue S.