[bksvol-discuss] Re: Let Me In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 19:19:51 -0500

I am going to need a very careful proofreader for this book. Sometimes when
there are a row of short lines like dialogue that is all one word each, the
OCR program is missing one of the lines. I am doing my best to catch them
all and type in the missing line (word, usually like: "No.") and also the
elipses are sometimes only catching two dots instead of three.

I will be able to get any parts that are missing if you think there is a
missing part or have a question (you email me and say on page 251 does it
say this or that?). It is about a 500  page book and I have about 150 pages
more to scan. I believe this to be a science fiction/fantasy type book. It
was also made into a movie.

Here is a synopsis:

It is autumn 1981 when the inconceivable comes to Blackeberg, a suburb in
Sweden. The body of a teenage boy is found, emptied of blood, the murder
rumored to be part of a ritual killing. Twelve-year-old Oskar is personally
hoping that revenge has come at long last---revenge for the bullying he
endures at school, day after day.

But the murder is not the most important thing on his mind. A new girl has
moved in next door---a girl who has never seen a Rubik’s Cube before, but
who can solve it at once. There is something wrong with her,
though, something odd. And she only comes out at night. . . .

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: The Hope of Refuge by Cindy Woodsmall