[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kurzweil questions

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:48:34 -0800

Hi Shannon!

Have you tried optimizing your settings for the book that you are working on? The option to optimize is under the scan menu. Just hit enter on "optimize" then tab through all options, allowing Kurzweil to take its best shot at all of them. Once it has finished optimizing, see what your book looks like. When optimizing, set your recognition to recognize one page at a time, and place only one page of the book on the scanner. I find that optimization really helps and keeps me from having to guess at good settings most of the time.

If I have been unclear, or incomplete, please, just write again, and I'll be more thorough.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 09:13 AM 2/12/2008, you wrote:
Hi, all.

I just got Kes version 11. I'm having some trouble getting high confidence
levels on my scans, and I'm wondering if someone has any ideas of what I can
do.

My threshold is set to grayscale. I've experimented with the brightness
settings. I'm using fine reader as the recognition engine. Despeckle is
turned off. Two pages are being recognized at a time.

I figured some of this might be helpful for you to know. I would really
appreciate any advice you may have, as I want high confidence scans.

Thank you.

Shannon
We are wise, not because we are women, but because we seek wisdom.