[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kurzweil question

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 05:20:28 -0700

Hi Gail,

Here's what you do.

I'm assuming that your original file is the rtf file.  I hope I'm right.

While the file is open, hit the alt key to open the menus
Down arrow in the file menu to "save as"
Hit enter on that
Now you're in the place where the file name is
Tab once to the place where you choose the file type
Arrow until you're sitting on kes
Tab to ok and hit enter
You have now saved your rtf file as a kes file with the exact same name.
And you are now in the kes file to begin work.

If you want to be in the rtf file again, and don't want to get confused
about which file you're in, save by pressing control+s and close the kes
file.

Then go into wherever your files are saved and reopen the rtf file as you
normally would.

When next you want to open the kes file, you'll go to the same folder in
which your rtf file is saved and look for the kes file to open.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if I need to clarify.

Mayrie