[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kurzweil and crashes and TTS

Mary has addressed most of your questions, but I wanted to add one more
thing.

If you scan in another language you will have problems if you do not turn
off automatic corrections.  It would be nice if they had auto-correction
files for other languages, but you can make your own if you are willing to
learn how and go through the work.  In the mean time just turn off the
feature when scanning in another language, or go through the corrections
file to delete those that incorrectly change words that are valid in the
language you are scanning.

The company might have trouble finding someone to provide the necessary
dictionaries to work with the program, so that could be why there isn't any.

You should really request Kurzweil 1000, because using 3000 is not going to
give you a good idea of how well it works for a blind or visually impaired
person.  I am really very happy with Kurzweil or I wouldn't be using it.  I
have no doubt that I could use off the shelf software successfully, but
Kurzweil is so nice!

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net