[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kurzweil 1000 version 11 Released in November

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 08:08:12 -0500

Try getting k1000 even if you do not have a scanner at present. Kurzweil has wonderful tools for correcting scans which vastly speed up validating. It also contains great features for reading, sending faxes, making copies of a document and playing daisy books. The more I use it, the more things I find I find to do with the program.

Rank spelling, one of my favorite validating tools, spells checks a doc and then gives me a list of the questionably spelled words, how many times each word occurs and a chance to fix them quickly. Invaluable tool when correcting submissions.

Scanners are relatively inexpensive compared to Kurzweil and you can always add one later if resources permit.

E.