[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kurzweil

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <rhod3021@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 12:10:37 -0400

hey Byron, there will be errors in the text is just part of the whole OCR
thing.  The idea is to reduce the number of mistakes so they can be quickly
edited.

Here are some just general suggestions.

I find I get better results with the book smooched against the glass, this
might mean leave the cover off, which I do, and just smoosh the book with my
hand.

Second, line the book, any of the sides, but a side of the book with a side
of the scanner, at least with my experience with Kurzweil it likes it when
there is no margin on one side, don't know why, it just works that way.

Smile.

Also, when optimizing, make sure to check that your scanner drivers are the
ones to work with your scanner.

If you got other questions be specific, smile, and us Kesy people can help
you.

rhod3021@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"One glance at a book and you hear
the voice of another person, perhaps