[bksvol-discuss] Re: Knitting books--majority of members not blind

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 11:11:27 -0500

Because even though the majority are not blind there are still those who are blind and need the descriptions. Also, don't assume that there are always teachers to do the describing. I certainly know that when I was in school I read educational books that were not being used in any of my classrooms and I still often read textbooks on my own.

On 2/12/2012 1:05 AM, Cindy wrote:
Thanks, Mayrie. That's very interesting. But if the kids aren't blind, I wonder why it's so necessary to describe the photos in the textbooks (the Poet project), especially since the teachers, unless they are blind, can descibe them. I don't mind doing them; it's an interesting challenge (describing photos always is, but one tries to convey what one sees as explicitly as possible do as to enable the blind person to "se"in is/her mind's eye

        From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx