[bksvol-discuss] Re: Kind of Blue

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 20:33:30 -0700

Ok I'm feeling pressure already, just started the scan last night,
went to bed, sstarted it back up again, ran into some optimization
problems, had to restart my PC for some odd reason, so guess what
folks, can't garantee it will be done in 10 days, unless I skip meals
and no sleep aloud, and GC, I wouldn't be so sure that the captions
would scan correctly with the photos situated wherever they're
situated. So now I have to redo the scan from page one, and the covers
don't scan properly either because of the design work. NOTE TO E.E.:
Is the following optimization great for any book, that is probably 6
inches thick and is paperback?
Thresholding: static, optimized, scanner brightness 69, minimum
brightness 20, maximum brightness 80, resolution 300, speckle removal
disabled optimized, text quality draft quality.matrix, and the
selected recognition engine is fine reader engine 8.0.
What do you suggest? I'm kind of lost.