[bksvol-discuss] Re: Killers Wake by Bernard Cornwell -- Sorry, hadto nuke it

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:11:17 -0500

Yes Mary,  it was in fact rather sad. . . but then,  I tend to smile when
I am sad.

On the other hand,  looking at the quality of submissions over the last
couple of years,  I venture to say that we have all learned a lot about
creating and proofing quality etext, including myself.  By continuing to
concentrate on improving our quality control techniques and encouraging
one another to raise our standards, we will serve our paying customers
better and better and offer them more of their money's worth.

Now, I will be delighted to assist anyone with questions on text reco,
proofing, etc... at least within my limited areas of competence.

guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
06/15/2004 10:27 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

"bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Killers Wake by Bernard Cornwell --  Sorry,  had to
nuke it

Guido,
I'm not sure why you found it amusing that members of the list were bent
out of shape by your post, especially the volunteer who posted that they
were considering giving up on volunteering. I would think you'd find
that sobering, not amusing. And since the original post was to the list,
not to the individual, "all concerned" would include everybody on the
list, by virtue of the fact that it was a public post.
Mary