[bksvol-discuss] Keeping or Removing Coupons and Newspaper Reviews

----Actually, Mary, a long time ago the staff did say to leave all that stuff
in. I?ve been doing it, but it?s
extremely annoying and boring to have to waste time correcting the scan of
those pages, and, of
course, I?m sure the prices on the book offer are out of date. We were told
that the ads for books by
other authors might be of interest to the reader of the book.

I admit I don?t know the value of the reviews, but maybe it would help the
person to decide if they really
want to read the book. Of course, they?ve already downloaded it and I don?t
suppose they can return it.
Anyway, I for one would be very happy to learn that we no longer have to scan
and validate those pages.
From the books I?ve validated and not scanned, I think a lot of people don?t
bother ? and don?t bother
scanning the covers and flaps of hardbound books that have them, either, though
I was originally told
that that was highly desirable, if not mandatory. I?d like not to bother with
that, either, especially since
often they don?t scan well and have to be typed in.

BTW, do we still use the word "typing," since we?re not using typewriters? (Do
you young folk even know
what typewriters are? My husband mentioned typing in the course of a class
discussion and his
college students just stared at him blankly as if they didn?t know what he was
talking about.