[bksvol-discuss] Re: Just Uploaded Light From Heaven by Jan Karon

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:28:24 -0800 (PST)

Oh, thanks Gerald. So it's my sight that made it easy
for me. Personally, I don't like reading books with a
lot of dialect, although as I recall the one I did
validate, it didn't have all that much. But when I
provided some missing pages to Shelley for Forrest
Gump--wow. I wouldn't do that one. I did do the Dark
is Rising sequence--the all-the-stories-in-one
book--Jesse made t available to me because it was in
such bad shape--page numbers missing et al. There was
a lot of Welsh words and dialects of various kinds.
When I read such books I don't bother thinking in
dialect--I just read the words mentally as if they
were regular English.

Cindy