[bksvol-discuss] Just Submitted

  • From: "Julie Morales" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:16:21 -0500

Hi, all. I just submitted A GOWN OF SPANISH LACE by Janette Oke. Kurzweil's
Ranked Spelling gave it a rating of 98.7, but it had a lot of dialect. Those
who know Janette Oke's style know she writes in the dialect of the people she
writes about, so a spellchecker would have fun with this one, too. I read the
book through so know it is of excellent quality. Below is the book jacket info:
A heritage so very different from her own, but one profound connection...
Ariana loves her life-her parents, her little town, her job as the town's
schoolteacher; her students. But one evening after classes are done and she
prepares to hurry home before a blizzard hits, her whole life changes in an
instant. The two rough-looking men who abduct her and take her far from home
and family make no response to her frantic questions-"Why me? What are you
going to do? Where are you taking me?" Held hostage in a camp of bandits,
Ariana's emotions swing between terror and boredom as days stretch into weeks.
And then the boss's son appears in the doorway of her cabin. Does this mean she
will never see her mother and father again, the two who had so lovingly adopted
her as an infant and raised her as their own? Will she ever wear the wedding
dress so carefully saved for her-her one link with her birth parents, now long
dead?
Julie Morales
To be in your children's memories tomorrow, you need to be in their lives
today. -- Unknown
mercy421@xxxxxxxxxxx
Windows/MSN Messenger (but not email):
mercy0421@xxxxxxxxxxx