[bksvol-discuss] Just Submitted

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 18:16:51 -0700

Hello Everyone,

I have just submitted for your validating pleasure "Stalking Ivory: a Jade Del Cameron mystery" by Suzanne Arruda. I read it cover to cover, edited everything,removed all headers, and protected chapter headings. I'll paste the book jacket information below.

If you enjoy primarily modern mysteries, don't let this one fool you. I thought for sure that it would be dull and plodding, due to its setting in 1920. Boy was I wrong.

Peace,
Mayrie

Having endured the horrors of the Great War,
and survived the social minefields of East
 Africa's British colonial community, American
 adventuress Jade del Cameron is eager to
 go beyond human civilization into the remote
 African wilderness ... never anticipating
 that her thirst for solitude will lead her into
 a heart of darkness....
On a photography assignment in the northern territory
 of Mount Marsabit, Jade and her friends Beverly and
 Avery Dunbury hope to capture the area's colossal
 elephants on film. But instead they discover an all too
 human image of slaughter: the mutilated remains of
 four elephants and one man. The authorities suspect
 Abyssinian poachers and raiders in search of ivory and
 slaves. But Jade has her own suspicions.

Harry Hascombe, Jade's nemesis and unrelenting
 suitor, is leading a group of German hunters through
 the same territory. She knows Hascombe is not to be
 trusted, but could he be responsible for such a brutal
 crime? Her alarm grows when she discovers a cache of
 German rifles hidden in a nearby cave. And when
 Jelani, the Kikuyu boy accompanying her, is captured
 by slave traders, Jade must join forces with a new fellow
 traveler, handsome pilot Sam Featherstone, to rescue
 one of her own. Ultimately, it will take all of Jade's
 courage, skill, and endurance to protect the sanctity of
 the land's wild animals ... and expose the mastermind
 behind a conspiracy of terror.