[bksvol-discuss] Re: John Glass and the volunteers

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 03:45:11 -0700

I agree with this.

One reason I like the K1000 list so much is knowing that a member of the company is on it regularly, responding to users' questions. It is a great feeling to know that when I have a question or concern that I may likely get a response from someone who actually works at the company. And I have gotten responses from Stephen Baum on two occasions so far, and I have only been on the list since Tuesday. I have seen responses from John here on occasion, but I don't get the feeling of connection with the organization here that I get with the K1000 list. That kind of connection is important. It can have a big impact on the morale of a place for people to know that their input is heard, not because they are told occasionally, but because they can see it every day by someone from the organization maintaining an active presence in the user community, such as on a mailing list.

Just my two cents.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Pietruk" <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>