[bksvol-discuss] Re: Jaws, tight lipped about page breaks!

No, I haven't upgraded JAWS just recently, certainly not since I validated
the first two books. I have now just gone into the dictionary and modified it
to  pronounce \012 as page break. It appears to have had no effect. It is not a
big  problem though. I will just have to remember to add the page numbers
after the  page breaks when I finish reading the book for any other errors. It
may not be  required, but you know about the maxim about how if a job is worth
doing then it  is worth doing well. As for the nature of the problem, since it
did not occur in  the first two books I validated then I expect that it is a
problem in this book  in particular. Before downloading it I noticed in its
editing history that it  had been converted to rtf from another format. Perhaps
that has something to do  with it. In a message dated 7/28/2008 7:24:20 A.M.
Pacific Daylight Time,  mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  Roger,

Yes, \012  is the proper symbol.  But, unless you  upgraded your JAWS very
recently, that might not be  your  problem.

I can assure you that page numbers are not required,  though much preferred.
Page breaks are, however, required.

I  wonder what changed between your last validation and this one to make  your
page breaks be inaudible.  Let us know if the JAWS dictionary  thing works
for you too.  I'm interested to  know.

Mayrie