[bksvol-discuss] Re: JAWS and the PageBreak Issue

Hi Sandi,

Oh, my JAWS sometimes does that for no sensible reason too.

I'll paste the instructions here for you to tell it to announce them.

Let me know how it goes.

See below.

Mayrie

To Make JAWS say "Page Break" in Word, you need to add the entry "page
break" to your dictionary  If you use word, do the following
1.  open your document in word (any document will do for this).
2.  do insert-d to open the dictionary manager.

3.  There should already be a jaws word dictionary but jaws will ask to
create the file if not.
4.  space on the "add" button.
5.  in the "actual word" field,type the backslash symbol and then 012
unspaced from each other.
6.  in the "what you want jaws to say" field, type "page break"
7.  save with control-s and check in your document to see if page breaks are
announced now.