[bksvol-discuss] Re: It's Official - New accessible e-reader app from Bookshare

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:10:37 -0700

Hi Denise,

Yes, an Android app is being worked on. In fact, last month some Google
engineers spent time as volunteers on the project. It is not ready yet
and, being a project done by volunteers, the timeline is a little more
flexible than most.

You can count on getting an update as soon as there is something to
report. (Who knows, maybe the release of Read2Go will still up a little
sense of competition and Operating System pride among the Android
volunteer coders.)

Scott