[bksvol-discuss] Islands in the Pacific

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 17:10:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Brian,

As I said, it was basically a good scan. The 15 pages
were garbage. I thought when I deleted them I'd get to
the real ones--that they'd be extras, but they
weren't--smile. But re-scanning was no problem, and I
found out that my new OCR doesn't put the ends-of-line
breaks it, so that was a good thing.

Interesting that you work with and travel to the
Pacific Island territories. What do you do? Are you
with the government? Are the conditions still as bad
as in the book? Of course, when Evans went, I guess it
was the rainy season, because there was a lot of rain
Anyway, I found out what breadfruit and frangipani and
copra (and how to make it and what it's used for) and
pandanus are, as well as a lot of other things. smile

Maybe you should write a book about the current state
of the various islands. A friend's daughter went to
Vanuatu for the Peace Corps and hated it. I think she
left early.

Cindy