[bksvol-discuss] Re: Is there a way in Kurzweil?

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 20:04:44 -0400

Cindy, put a ^m in the search box, which is the page break symbol in Word, then in the replace box, enter ^m^p, without the comma, of course.

That's it.

Evan

From: EVAN REESE <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, June 13, 2009, 2:55 PM
That's really weird, and--I confess,
a bit irritating that it should work properly for you and
Mayrie but not for me. I would really like to be able to put
blank lines after page breaks using search and replace in
K1000 but have to use Word to do it instead. It definitely
does NOT work for me in K1000. I have tried it not only with
the \n new line symbol, but several other characters as
well. Whatever I try to place after the page break using
search and replace gets placed instead immediately before
the page break.

And I also wonder why Stephen confirmed that this was a bug
if it works for at least some K1000 users and not others.
Very strange! He even explained briefly why it does what it
does in putting characters before the page break, even when
the search and replace says to put them after it. If it is
indeed a software bug, shouldn't it turn up for all users of
the same version? Any programmers out there got a possible
explanation for how it could be that this would show up for
some users but not others? I'm very curious.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Amber Wallenstein"
<amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>