[bksvol-discuss] Re: Is the Braille Translator Messing Up Ellipses?

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 12:38:19 -0500

Hi Lori,

I think this is how I did it:

Choose Tools/Autocorrect. In the Autocorrect pane, scroll down in
"Replace as you type" list to the three periods entry (it's near the top). Select the entry and click Delete. That should do it!

Judy s.

Mayrie ReNae wrote:
Hi Lori,
I can't find it now either. And the only way I could find to make it work was to type three periods, let Word create the ellipses character, then when I'm done, go back and do a find and replace with that character in the find box, and three periods in the replace box. It seems the autoformat only happens as you type, not upon opening a document. I know there's a way to change this and make Word not create the ellipses character when you type three periods, but I can't remember how to do it now, and can't find it in the menus either. Frustrating! But finding one and replacing all of them in the document works. Guess it's something to do at the very end of proofreading. I'm sorry. I wish my memory weren't so awful! See how bad it is that I proofread primarily using Kurzweil? I'd know this if I used Word more! Again, I'm sorry! I'll bet Melissa, or Judy knows how to fix this! So, so sorry! Mayrie