[bksvol-discuss] Re: Is the Braille Translator Messing Up Ellipses?

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 10:14:43 -0700

Hi Lori,

I can't find it now either.  And the only way I could find to make it work
was to type three periods, let Word create the ellipses character, then when
I'm done, go back and do a find and replace with that character in the find
box, and three periods in the replace box.  It seems the autoformat only
happens as you type, not upon opening a document.

I know there's a way to change this and make Word not create  the ellipses
character  when you type three periods, but I can't remember how to do it
now, and can't find it in the menus either.

Frustrating!  But finding one and replacing all of them in the document
works.  Guess it's something to do at the very end of proofreading.

I'm sorry.  I wish my memory weren't so awful!

See how bad it is that I proofread primarily using Kurzweil?  I'd know this
if I used Word more!

Again, I'm sorry!

I'll bet Melissa, or Judy knows how to fix this!  So, so sorry!

Mayrie

  _____