[bksvol-discuss] Re: Is search not working at all?

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:04:35 -0400

Melissa, that's why I like to search with one word if at all possible, and
try to pick the most unique word so I won't get a bunch of hits. It's
interesting you could get hits on Janis Newman but not on Janis Cooke. You'd
think the first and middle names would be right next to each other and
produce results and not the other way around, that a first and last name
without the middle name would work.

Who knows.

I remember when I first began volunteering I could put in one word of the
author's name and one word of the book title and find the book. I don't
think that has worked for a long, long time.

--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: False Impression by Jeffrey Archer