[bksvol-discuss] Re: Is search not working at all?

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:52:32 EDT

That is the reason that, except for the fact that recent additions would
not be included, I prefer to use Google advanced search to search Bookshare.
However, that problem of not finding the most recent additions is a really
serious drawback for most of the reasons I want to search the Bookshare
collection.

                                                                  "If you
tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine."
Che Guevara

                 The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
Pathfinder Press: http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Is search not working at all?
Date:
7/26/2009 11:04:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Melissa, that's why I like to search with one word if at all possible, and
try to pick the most unique word so I won't get a bunch of hits. It's
interesting
you could get hits on Janis Newman but not on Janis Cooke. You'd think the
first and middle names would be right next to each other and produce results
and not the other way around, that a first and last name without the middle
name would work.

Who knows.

I remember when I first began volunteering I could put in one word of the
author's name and one word of the book title and find the book. I don't think
that has worked for a long, long time.

--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: False Impression by Jeffrey Archer

An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221323048x1201367271/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&
bcd=JulyExcfooterNO62)