[bksvol-discuss] Re: Is There a Bookshare Newsletter? wasrevisiting Hold For

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 16:34:52 -0500

Dear Booksharian Friends,

It will be fun seeing what will be in a new newsletter. It will be our first update since Jim Fruchterman put us in the loop last November. That was a memorable evening thanks to Jim's interest in keeping Booksharians appraised of Bookshare's goals and activities and Friends of Bookshare's initiative in providing responsibly monitored chat rooms with top level guests and engaging programs and activities.

The staff already knows I'm curious about how many books were in the collection at the end of December 31, 2007. In some contexts I really enjoy knowing how many there were or are of this and that.

Here are some other number questions I'd like to see answered in a newsletter or in a post to these lists.

1. How many new books were added in 2007?
2. How many BSOs were approved in 2007?
3. May we have an update on the fascinating breakdown of how many books are in each category displayed on the home page of The Friends of Bookshare site? 4. How many people currently subscribe to the volunteer list? the Discuss list?
5. How many volunteers are currently registered with Bookshare?
6. How many volunteers were active in 2007, submitting or validating at least 1 book which was approved?
7.What was the total membership at Bookshare at the end of 2007?
8. How many new members signed up in 2007?
9. How many people had earned their full membership when they joined or renewed their membership in Bookshare through volunteering?
10. How many books in the collection were downloaded by members in 2007?
11. What percentage of the total collection is rated excellent, good and fair?

I don't need to know the answers to any of the above questions. I'm not investigating or trying to make any point. I just enjoy those kinds of statistics. If I never learn the answers to any of my numbers questions, I'll happily continue volunteering as I'm doing, but I'd keep wondering. Does anyone else like knowing this kind of information?

Always with love,

Lissi

----- Original Message ----- From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>