[bksvol-discuss] Re: Is American Gods one of these publisher quality books?

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 08:42:34 -0500

You are right, the daisy file reads poorly as a daisy file in either kurzweil or the soft victor dAisy reader.

Here's what I do, and others may have a better way.

I open the book with the bookshare tool.
When it ask if I want to create an html version, I say yes.
Then I open the html version in my web browser and read it. Usually the breaks in the book are headings in the web page.

I recently discovered that you don't have to create the html file as you can use the xml file that is created as part of the daisy book in your web browser.

Depending on your web browser and your speech program (if you use one) there are ways to save the book for easy access, and ways of marking the last location you read in the book.

hth
Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "RJ / KJ" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
Date: 3/10/2008 7:27 PM