[bksvol-discuss] Re: Introducing myself

Hi Denise,  welcome to our community.
Julia
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Laura Ann
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 11:00 AM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Introducing myself

  Welcome Denise,
  Glad your here an on the list.
  Welcome.
  Laura Ann
  At 09:00 AM 2/5/2009, you wrote:

    Hi everyone,
    My name is Denise and I have just recently (this week) become a volunteer
with Bookshare.org.  I downloaded my first book to proofread yesterday and I am
very, very excited about it!

    I joined Bookshare because 1). I love, love books; 2). I am always
correcting the written word in everything I read; 3). I love to help others.
Did I mention I love books?  And, an added bonus is that my niece is
print-disabled and I recall my sister-in-law once commenting that she uses a
site such as this one (I'm not sure if it is this one).  So, I am elated to be
able to give back!

    In any case, I just want to introduce myself and prepare you to be
inundated with newbie questions:-).

    Is there an actual forum or listserv that I could go to to read past
postings to this list?  Are there any suggestions that the seasoned volunteers
out there have for a newbie like myself?  I would hate to ask questions that
you have all heard, and answered, a million times.

    Thanks!
    Denise