[bksvol-discuss] Introducing Yourself in the Community Rooms

  • From: "groups Warford" <groups_warford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Volunteer List" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 18:24:44 -0500

Hey all y'all,
I'm throwing this out here for food for thought, so I hope no one is
offended.

This is Cindy (4) from Georgia.

I received a very nice email thanking me for introducing myself before
speaking at one of the club meetings.  I had to shamefacedly admit to myself
that I forget to do this 99% of the time.  It's so easy to forget when
you're in one of the rooms.  And, while in the room you can use ALT+E or use
F7 to go to the pane to find out who is speaking.  However, being a
relatively new person myself, I can see where introducing yourself is very
helpful to both new people who are trying to associate voices with names
they have heard or read as well as for those who are downloading archives of
meetings and listening to them later.  The downloaders have no way to know
who is speaking.

So, I am going to try and remember to say my name, especially for recorded
sessions.

Thanks for reading, and again, I don't mean this in a critical way.

Cindy 4

"Success is loving life and daring to live it".
- Maya Angelou