[bksvol-discuss] Re: Intro and Question

Hi Cindy!

I have done two other things in addition to asking for help from list members, which have also been helpful.

I have usually been able to find answers as to whether something is a scanno or just an unfamiliar or foreign word by going to the site:

books,google.com

and I have also called my local library and the librarian was able to pull the book and answer my questions from it.

Debby

At 12:02 PM 6/9/2010, Cindy Ray wrote
Hi, I'm Cindy Ray. I've been on this listbefore, but I dropped off about the
same time I started proofreading for the Iowa Dept. for the Blind. I'm not
really doing that anymore. Anyway, enough about me.

I'm reading NWilliam Barclay's book "New Testament Words" and it has
graphics in it for the letters omega and omicron. I am not sure what letters
the print used, and I need to know because there are just spaces where these
letters would have been. Might be able to find out on another list that I am
frequenting.

Also, in abbreviations it says "OF" is an abbreviation for "Old Testament."
I'm thinking it should be "OT" and that this is a scanno, but I'm wondering
if I'm right about this.

Thanks.

Cindy Lou Ray
Each day is a new adventure