[bksvol-discuss] Re: Interesting K1000 Problem

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:39:04 -0700

I hadn't thought of it, but it does make sense.  I hadn't really read very much
about how these more natural-sounding voices work.  I knew that they were based
on recorded human speech, but I really hadn't considered much of what happens
beyond that.  But it does make sense that they would need more resources than
older types.

I got ViaVoice running, and so far, it is working fine.  I am currently keeping
default Kate for messages and ViaVoice for reading.Since I do most reading in
Braille, anyhow, it's not a big deal which voice I use to read with, since I
mainly use it to spot check and make sure things are coming out ok, or read
something short, not a whole book.  I do like those VoiceText voices, though.