[bksvol-discuss] I'm so-so-so refined!

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:08:29 -0400

Dear Volunteers,

My personal style for validating with word 2003 in RTF files has been to read the book with jaws and listen with my ears all the way open. When I started, I didn't know a spell check from a bus stop sign. As for find and rplace, that was for those of you with doctorates in computer technology.

I did learn to use the spell check for refining my e mail and making sure my short and long synopses and comments were presentable. Then with some patient assistance, I got the hang of using the find box accessed with control f.

Today I scaled another foothill on mount computerus. I don't get the actual command for replace in the find and replace, but while reading chapter 14 of my current project about the Irish twins Patcheen and Plus, whose names crop up in the story like dandelions in the backyard, I had to actually eyeball the print book to check a gaelic word causing me to discover that Plus Mickelow was in fact named Pius. Until tonight it hasn't been my way to hop about inside a document but to plod page by page, but all those plusses! I controlled home to the top of my book, controll effed, entered, and listened as jaws read me the first line with a plus in it. It turns out the actual word plus was used twice in the book, but that find command helped me make quick work to restoring Pius with his true name, over and over and over.

14 pages to go and I'll be ready to upload another book!!! Some of you report your progress by the dozens of books while I report mine by the dozens of pages, but I love this job at any rate and wanted to share my progress with you.

Always with love,

Lissi