[bksvol-discuss] I'm not happy

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 23:36:15 -0700 (PDT)

I think, from looking at books that have been returned to page one, and
especially now that books with minor errors will be returned with the
validator's corrections intact, that the kinds of errors meant that submitter
might be able to fix tht validator cannot are things like Sue's  blank page and
very often, lack of copyright information, misspellings of title or author,
missing pages, usually only one. In those kind of cases, the validator would
have done the main work of validation but, not having the book, as the
submitter did, would not necessarily notice that a page is missing (though
admittedly if he/she had actually read the book while validating or did a final
pagination check or that the copyright info was wrong. Bookshare's assumption
would be that the original submitter can get the book again and provide that
information--correct that error--but the validator should get validation
credit. The submitter would still get the submission credit.

Perhaps some of you who write very well, e.g., Lissi, Monica, etc., can write a
clearer explanation of part of the newsletter and Pavi can add it and send out
a revision.

Note that the newsletter was sent to all volunteers (I think). Those of us who
subscribe to the volunteer email list write to each other when a page is
garbled or missing or the copyright info is not readable in the scan or is
missing, but the ones not on the list don't. And I don't think anyone,
submitter or validator, checks the download list regularly to see if a book
has been sent back to it, so I was *really* happy to see that both will be
notified if a book is sent back for a correction. smile

Cindy