[bksvol-discuss] Re: If You See Duplicates

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:37:46 EDT

If the publishers' electronic text files are used to set the type when they
produce a print book and if we are expected to retain any errors in the
print copies in our scans and proofreadings then how can a PQ book be of
inferior quality to our efforts?

                                                                  "If you
tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine."
Che Guevara

                 The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
Pathfinder Press: http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: If You See Duplicates
Date:
7/21/2009 1:21:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi Kim,

Your points are well taken. Believe me, I understand the frustration of
having one's hard work replaced with, in some cases, a product that is not
nearly
the quality of the original submission.

I have read a couple PQ books, and have not found a problem with them, but
that is certainly not a definitive statement as to the quality of all of the
PQ books in the collection. If there are problems with these books, as with
any in the collection, they should be reported to Bookshare.

Like it or not, I think we're going to have to accept the fact that PQ
books are going to replace some of our hard work. I was just trying to make the
pill
a little easier to swallow.

Blessings.

Lynn I

block quote
From: Lynn I <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, July 20, 2009, 7:21 AM

That's a very good question. I'm finding more and more duplicate books in
the collection. One is usually a publisher quality copy and the other is a
copy submitted by a volunteer.

Blessings.

Lynn I